KUALA LUMPUR, DECEMBER 30th 2020: Mobile Legends: Bang Bang (MLBB) and also the main league of this MOBA mobile game, Mobile Legends Professional League (MPL) are closing 2020 positively by proving themselves to be at the forefront of the esports industry in South East Asia. During 2020, there were at least more than 20 achievements awarded to MPL Indonesia, Malaysia/Singapore (MY/SG), Myanmar, and the Philippines (PH).
At the beginning of 2020, the MLBB Campus Championship was the most anticipated tournament by esports enthusiasts at the grassroot level. This tournament was participated by 32 campuses throughout Indonesia with a total of 1,225 teams participating. The impressions throughout YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram almost reached 100 million, fantastic!
In April, MPL Indonesia Season 5 became the most popular tournament according to Esports Charts with peak concurrent users (PCU) of 1.1 million on all platforms. In May, MLBB hosted 515 e-party and more than a million players took part in the event which peaked nearly four million total online views. Furthermore, two consecutive months of June and July 2020, MPL Invitational 4 Nation Cup managed to dominate the Esports Charts most popular Esports event, beating other major esports tournaments in the world.
“It cannot be denied that 2020 is a year full of struggle, the global pandemic has affected us all in many ways. Therefore, our focus is to provide the best entertainment for fans to keep their mental health healthy and clear. Apart from that, this achievement does not belong to us, it belongs to all MLBB and MPL fans,” said Lucas Mao, Managing Director of Moonton Games.
Back to the achievements, in October the MPL PH and MPL Indonesia managed to break the PCU record for season 6, both events peaked 765 thousand and 2.8 million pcu respectively according to Esports Charts. Not only that, Mobile Legends: Bang Bang has also managed to secure 1 billion downloads worldwide on the Apps Store and Google Play.
“Being the most popular MOBA game in Indonesia and also in the world is a bonus for us. The most important thing is that we can make all fans happy. Once again, thank you for putting your trust in us,” added Lucas.
The following is a complete list of the achievements of the MLBB and MPL in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, and also Myanmar:
- April, MPL Indonesia – Esports Charts’ Most Popular Tournament
- June, MPL Invitational – Esports Charts’ Most Popular Tournament
- July, MPL Invitational – Esports Charts’ Most Popular Tournament
- October, MPL PH – PCU record 765 thousand pcu
- October, MPL Indonesia – PCU record 2.8 million pcu
- November, MPL PH – Season 6 Hours Watched increased to 330.8%
- December, MPL Indonesia – Favorite Tournament 2020 – Indonesia Gaming Award
- December, MPL Indonesia – Favorite Esports Tournament – Indonesian Esports Award
- December, Alter Ego vs RRQ – Best Esports Performance 2020 – Super GamerFest
- December, RRQ – Best Esports Team 2020 – Super GamerFest
- December, Lemon – Best Pro Player 2020 – Super GamerFest
- December, MLBB – Southeast Asia’s Favorite Game – Super GamerFest
- December, MLBB Championship League – MCL Participants increase 200%
- December, MPL MY/SG (Todak & Evos SG) – Favorite SEA Esports Team 2020 – Super GamerFest
- December, MPL MY/SG (ManityTodak) – Favorite Esports Coach 2020 – Super GamerFest
- December, MPL MY/SG (MLBB) – Favorite Esports Game 2020 – Super GamerFest
- December, MPL MY/SG (RSGSync) – Best SEA Esports Performance 2020 – Super GamerFest
- December, MPL PH (Bren Esports) – Best Esports Performance 2020 – Super GamerFest
- December, MPL PH (Bren Esports Duckey) – Favorite Esports Coach 2020 – Super GamerFest
- December, MPL PH (Bren Esports) – Best Esports Team 2020 – Super GamerFest